Add in problem

  1. #1
    SJC
    Guest

    Add in problem

    I've created a set of custom functions, a new menu bar to allow them to be
    accessed and run, protected the workbook and saved it as an .xla file.
    Everything works fine. When I copy the .xla and load it as an add-in on
    another machine: no custom menu, no macros. Does anyone have any ideas what
    I might be doing wrong. Everything I've checked says I'm doing it right but
    it's just not happening. Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Add in problem

    You either have to attach the custom toolbar to your addin or create it with
    code in the addin. the functions must be in the addin as well.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    SJC
    Guest

    Re: Add in problem

    Thanks for the reply. I thought I had done that. I've tried creating the
    custom menu prior to saving the file as an .xla. The function modules were
    all created before I saved the .xla also. Does this sound right? Is there
    something other than saving the file in .xla format that I need to do to
    tell it what the add in components are?

    Regards,
    SJC

    news:[email protected]...