Keeping images visible on sheets

  1. #1
    Mark Waiti
    Guest

    Keeping images visible on sheets

    I need to have an image remain visible on a worksheet while the user
    copies text from the image into cells below. The users have 100's of
    scanned images, and for small clean images a picturebox works fine - no
    problem. But for larger images, the user will need to scroll, zoom, and
    possibly enhance the image in order to read it.

    I've tried embedding the Kodak image control, Ppt slides and
    presentations and MSPhotoEd with code like:
    ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="PowerPoint.Show.8",
    Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False).Activate
    (from recorded macros) but the image always vanishes when each s/sheet
    cell gets focus to enter its data.

    What am I doing wrong? Or is there a better way?

    Many thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Keeping images visible on sheets

    Couldn't you just open the image in its own application.
    Then open excel.

    Then resize those two windows so that each is visible.

    (It seems way easier to me.)