Show date last time modified

  1. #1
    José Manuel Soberón
    Guest

    Show date last time modified

    Hello,

    I need to display the date of the last time my file was modified. Could
    someone please help me?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Show date last time modified

    '-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Function DocProps(prop As String)
    '-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Application.Volatile
    On Error GoTo err_value
    DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocument*Properties _
    (prop)
    Exit Function
    err_value:
    DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
    End Function

    and enter in a cell such as
    =DocProps ("last author")
    or
    =DocProps ("last save time")

    Bob Phillips

    "José Manuel Soberón" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ozgur Pars
    Guest

    Re: Show date last time modified

    Hello Bob,
    I have copied your function into a module and have written =DocProps ("last
    author") as you said but Excel didn't recognize it.
    Any thoughts on what I did wrong?
    Actually I am puzzled at how the whole thing works in the first place( does
    Excel recognize last author or something?)
    Anyway sorry for the elementary questions)

    Ozgur

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Show date last time modified

    Ozgur,

    A number of properties are stored with the file, this just gives access to
    them.

    I copied it from my post and tried it, and also got an error. Looking at the
    code, I found a superfluous - in it (which doesn't show in my response!).

    See if this version works okay now, it looks the same, but I removed the -
    in the VBIDE

    '-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Function DocProps(prop As String)
    '-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Application.Volatile
    On Error GoTo err_value
    DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
    (prop)
    Exit Function
    err_value:
    DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)