Restore the Context menu Delete option

  1. #1
    whiztri
    Guest

    Restore the Context menu Delete option

    I have developed the application in the VS .NET 2005.
    My project type is, Visual C# --> Office -- > Excel Workbook. I am using
    ..NET XML web service to fetch the data, and filling in Excel Worksheet. I
    have placed Microsoft.Office.Tools.Excel.Listobject control to fill and show
    data to client.
    The software installed on my computer is VS.NET 2003, VS.NET 2005, VSTOR,
    Office 2003 (Full installed - professional edition). I have made set up for
    my application using online doc of MSDN.
    It worked fine.

    Now here is problem....after running the application, Excel 2003 stop
    responding to facility of Column Delete. I have attach the screen shot for
    the same. I have install SP1 of office, but it did not work. I have close
    the application and start MS Excel from start menu, and open fresh workbook,
    but in that also when I right click on the column, 'Delete' got disabled.
    Another thing is when I click on the cell and press Delete, it prompt me
    four option and out of that when I select 'Entire Column' delete it does work.
    I have install - reinstall MS Office 2003, VSTOR, Office PIA, me application
    numbers of times, restart PC after every install- uninstall but nothing
    worked. At one time I have uninstall everything, and shut down PC, then again
    start it, and install MS OFfice 2003 full edition, and right click on the
    column but it is also not working.

    Can you pl help me for the same?

  2. #2
    Ralph
    Guest

    RE: Restore the Context menu Delete option

    I have the same problem. The only way I can delete a column is to select one
    cell in the column then right click and hit delete, then choose Entire Column
    from the resulting dialog box.

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Restore the Context menu Delete option

    You can try to reset the bar

    Sub test()
    Application.CommandBars("Column").Reset

    Regards Ron De Bruin