=now()

  1. #1

    =now()

    Hoping someone can help
    I'm trying to come up with a macro that if a3 is populated it would return the date and time it was done in b3, then if a4 is populated it would do the same in b4, so on and so forth. The formula I came up with updates everything in column b

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: =now()

    What's your formula?

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: =now()

    =if(A3<>"",now(),"") ?

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: =now()

    BannerBrat, Have a look here for information
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    "BannerBrat" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Toppers,
    That is the formula that I was using.
    It works only once, if more information is added to the sheet the time changes for all of the fields (column B).
    What I'm trying to do is to wand in when shipment order comes in A3 and have B3 indicate the day and time it was wanded in. Then wand in the next shipment in A4 and have B4 indicate the day and time without changing B3 and so forth.

  6. #6
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: =now()

    Hi,
    Stupid me!

    The JE McGimsey Worksheet events solution works fine so maybe adopt that.

    With Target
    If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Not Intersect(Range("A2:A10"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If IsEmpty(.Value) Then
    .Offset(0, 1).ClearContents
    Else