Managing Excel from VB^

  1. #1
    Uwe
    Guest

    Managing Excel from VB^

    If I add Excell 11 to my VB6 project but code the objects for late binding
    and remove the reference when I compile, will this maintain compatibility
    with older versions of excel when the exe is installed on user systems?
    I'm thinking that this way I have all the references available in the object
    browser when I write the code.
    --
    Thanks,
    Uwe

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Managing Excel from VB^

    Uwe -

    This is exactly what we do. But you should try to program with the Excel 9
    library referenced, so you don't inadvertently use one of the few items
    added to Excel VBA after Excel 2000.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    basilio
    Guest

    RE: Managing Excel from VB^

    I have seen your answer to another member .
    I would appreciate to know how to transform excel files to executable.
    thanks
    --
    Basilio