Listbox Select items with Keyboard.

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO

    Listbox Select items with Keyboard.

    Hi,
    I have a listbox whose RowSource is changed depending on which command button is clicked. I have been able to transfer the focus from the command button to the listbox as the command button is clicked, however, I can’t seem to find a way to select items from the listbox using just the keyboard, selecting with the mouse works just fine but I would like to make it keyboard friendly.
    I have tried changing the ListStyle and every key combo I can think of. I’m beginning to think it might not be possible. I need some help from the experts.
    Casey

  2. #2
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: Listbox Select items with Keyboard.

    Casey wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a listbox whose RowSource is changed depending on which command
    > button is clicked. I have been able to transfer the focus from the
    > command button to the listbox as the command button is clicked,
    > however, I can't seem to find a way to select items from the listbox
    > using just the keyboard, selecting with the mouse works just fine but
    > I would like to make it keyboard friendly.
    > I have tried changing the ListStyle and every key combo I can think
    > of. I'm beginning to think it might not be possible. I need some help
    > from the experts.

    Casey: I don't think you can do that. You can use the arrow keys and the
    space bar to select items in the box. Also, check out

    http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...mit-a-listbox/
    http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...ifferent-view/

    which provide a method to limit what is shown in the listbox.

    --
    **** Kusleika
    MS MVP - Excel

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO
    ****,
    Thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for, the keystrokes to select items. The listbox works fine using the arrow keys and the spacebar for selecting items from the list.
    I think my question had a bit too much unneeded information. Thanks again for the response and the two links for me to study.