Pivot Tables-Calculations?

  1. #1
    CrimsonPlague29
    Guest

    Pivot Tables-Calculations?

    Hi,

    I have a pivottable with a list of part #'s. What I need to do is to allow
    the user to enter a build QTY in a cell and have the pivottable automatically
    update the qty of each part required

    ex
    Build QTY Product A : 24
    Build QTY Product B : 20

    If product A uses 2 per of part #11
    3 per of part #22
    ect.

    I would like to have the pivottable update and show 48 pieces of part #11
    and 72 pieces of part #22 ect.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Tables-Calculations?

    You could do this if you have a table that lists all the product parts,
    and another table that tracks inventory. Base the pivot table on the
    inventory table.

    When someone requests a product, use programming to filter the product
    parts table for that product. Paste the filtered results to the
    inventory table, as negative quantities, then refresh the pivot table.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures