Excel performance problem (Excel11.xlb file)

  1. #1
    Alain79
    Guest

    Excel performance problem (Excel11.xlb file)

    On some of our PC, the Excel11.xlb file is very very big (20 to 50Mb) and
    its size increase by 30k each time Excel is closed!!!
    This have a very bad impact on Excel Performance especially at the closing
    time
    I know that we can delete the file and then get a new one that is 40k only
    but how to stop the 30k increase mechanism? To which setting can be linked
    this feature?

    Thanks for your help
    Alain79

  2. #2
    Charles Williams
    Guest

    Re: Excel performance problem (Excel11.xlb file)

    probably there is some badly-written VBA somewhere (.XLA or Personal.xls or
    ....) which is modifying toolbars or menus but not resetting them when
    closing.

    --
    Charles
    ______________________

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alain79
    Guest

    Re: Excel performance problem (Excel11.xlb file)

    Yes indeed, there is at least one xla application installed... What do you
    mean by reseting?

    On one hand, the xla application I have written add two drop down menu list
    to the standard Excel menubar and this as soon as excel is launched whatever
    can be the workbook you open... If this is the reason what should I do? Can
    I trap the excel closing in my xla application in such a way the added menus
    are removed before closing?

    On the other hand, depending on the PC we realize the test, some machine add
    30k to this file at each Exel closing, some other not!!!

    Thanks for your Help
    Alain79

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Charles Williams
    Guest

    Re: Excel performance problem (Excel11.xlb file)

    Hi Alain,

    The XLA needs to programmatically delete and then add the menu lists when
    the xla is opened (Workbook_Open event of the xla) and programmatically
    delete the menu lists when the xla is closed (workbook_BeforeClose event of
    the xla).

    Charles