Using Checkboxes in Excel

  1. #1

    Using Checkboxes in Excel

    I am adding a TAX column in a spreadsheet I created and in that column I want to add a checkbox for each entry. If the box is checked it means the item is calculated with tax and if not check it means that tax should not be applied to the item. I don't know how to program or write a code that will make the checkbox do that. Can someone help me get started?

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Using Checkboxes in Excel

    Just a thought ....

    It might be easier just to add a YES/NO data validation to the column rather
    use checkboxes.

  3. #3
    Doug Glancy
    Guest

    Re: Using Checkboxes in Excel

    spartikus,

    I would heartily second Topper's suggestion. It's hard to work with all
    those checkboxes!

    hth,

    Doug

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up just creating a tax column with a Y/N option and then created a formula that would add or subtract the tax based on the Y/N value. Is that essential what you were suggesting to do?

  5. #5
    Doug Glancy
    Guest

    Re: Using Checkboxes in Excel