Copy Button Problem

  1. #1
    mtm4300 via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Copy Button Problem

    I have a userform that allows a user to Save individual worksheets from a
    workbook. To make this happen, I had to write a macro to copy the individual
    worksheet to new workbook, and then have the Save As dialog box appear. When
    I copy the sheet, the Command Buttons are also copied. Is there a way to
    eliminate the buttons from being copied?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Copy Button Problem

    one way would be to create a new workbook and then copy and paste the cells

    dim sh as worksheet, bk as workbook
    set sh = activesheet
    set bk = workbooks.Add
    sh.cells.copy destination:=bk.Worksheets(1).cells

    then you won't copy any code associated with the commandbuttons either.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    mtm4300 via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    RE: Copy Button Problem

    Thank you Tom. That is awesome.

    One other quick question, and I know this probably very simple. Is there
    anyway to make a certain cell active on the copied worksheet? I cannot put
    Range(C2).Select in the original workbook because it is the active workbook.
    And I cannot put that code in the copied worksheet because it has not been
    created yet.

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Copy Button Problem

    In the context of the code I provided

    dim sh as worksheet, bk as workbook
    set sh = activesheet
    set bk = workbooks.Add
    sh.cells.copy destination:=bk.Worksheets(1).cells
    sh.Range("C2").Select

    Realistically, You can only select on the activesheet. When you copy a
    sheet or add a workbook or add a sheet, it is the activesheet until you
    change it.