Debugging

  1. #1
    OldButStillLearning
    Guest

    Debugging

    Oh my it has been a while since I worked with VBA for excel. I have been
    asked to work on a pretty complex excel application and I am a bit over my
    head here. Wehn I open up the excel file it has a number of images which are
    hyperlinks which open particular sheets and exposes specific functionality to
    them.

    My question is, How do I start debugging so I can see what happens when the
    sheet loads. I'm trying to find out how the "link" to the code is set up and
    how it invokeds the link to perform the function when the user hovers over
    one of those pictures and clickes.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    RE: Debugging

    2 tips:

    Tools | Options , in the Windows Options box, click Formulas to show the
    formulae.
    Tools | Customize select the Formula Auditing Toolbar & use it to see the
    dependencies.

  3. #3
    OldButStillLearning
    Guest

    RE: Debugging

    I did this, and found that the sheet was protected. So I removed the
    protection and looked at those things you suggested, but that did not provide
    any enlightenment as to what/how code is being triggered when I click on one
    of these images.

    How to I turn on the debugger when the workbook is loaded?