The problem with comparison of text as well as the password from

  1. #1
    And1
    Guest

    The problem with comparison of text as well as the password from

    I created form UserForm with TextBox and Button.

    How to compare the string (text) from TextBox as well as password from
    VBAProject Properties -> Protection -> Password.

    I would like to mention, that I put propriety PasswordChar (for TextBox)
    = *. Does this have some meaning?

    What I should write in event CommandButton1_Click() ?

    Kind Regards,
    Andrzej

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: The problem with comparison of text as well as the password from t

    You have no access to the project password programmatically. Certainly not
    for reading and for setting the best you can do is sendkeys.

    You should already know it, so you could include it in your code - but even
    so, not sure of what purpose it would serve.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    And1
    Guest

    Re: The problem with comparison of text as well as the password fromt

    OK,
    and to what is the command ?:
    "ActiveWorkbook.HasPassword"

    Kind Regards,
    Andrzej

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: The problem with comparison of text as well as the password fr

    from help on HasPassword property of the workbook object:

    True if the workbook has a protection password. Read-only Boolean.

    Remarks
    You can assign a protection password to a workbook by using the SaveAs method.

    This has nothing to do with the project password in the vbe.

    You can't lock a project without a password.

    Tom Ogilvy

    Maybe you are looking for something like:

    Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject.Protection

    Which returns true if the activeproject in the vbe is locked.