Save button in VBE

  1. #1
    davegb
    Guest

    Save button in VBE

    Just curious here. I can't figure out what, if anything, the Save icon
    in the VBE does. My experience is that to save a macro, I have to save
    the worksheet it's with. Does anyone know what the "other" Save button
    does?

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Save button in VBE

    Agreeably it just saves the excel file. That being said since you should save
    on a regular basis it is very convenient that you do not have to flip back to
    Excel to do the save.

    The other nice thing about it is that I have in the past created templates
    which effectively locked the user out from being able to save the workbook
    (including me). The easiest way to save my changes in such a book is to use
    the save button in the VBE...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Save button in VBE

    Actually, I find that sometimes the button doesn't save anything. The file
    time isn't updated and the caption switches for too short a time for
    anything to have happened. So I often have a little procedure in the
    workbook:

    Sub SaveMe()
    ThisWorkbook.Save
    End Sub

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    Re: Save button in VBE

    I've never had that problem... Perhaps my computer just likes me...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Save button in VBE

    I've had experts tell me, Of course it works. But it doesn't always. For a
    while I'd even customized the VBE so the save button didn't appear, and I
    was forced to save through code.

    - Jon
    -------