Ghost Macro

  1. #1
    Aaron5
    Guest

    Ghost Macro

    I have an Excel File that is haunted by 3 Marcos that I didn't create. It
    shows up on the Tools-Macro Lists (alt-F8 on the Excel File), with the Delete
    button disabled. When I tried to "Step Into" or "Edit", a messagebox says
    the reference is not valid.

    I have tried looking for them in the VB Editor (alt-F11 on the Excel File)
    with no avail either. I have also noticed in the VB Editor that there is an
    extra sheet, Namely Sheet 13 listed on the Tree, which has the same
    properties of the "This Workbook" sheet. I cannot delete this sheet 13
    either.

    These Macros is hording lots of memory and make the Excel file extremely
    slow in Response. Please advice.

    Thanks in advance.
    Aaron

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Ghost Macro

    First make sure the macros are not in worksheet code.

    It will take much less time to step around this problem than to solve it.

    Open a new, fresh, workbook. Copy your worksheets from the old to the new.
    The copy any modules you want to keep. Then set the original workbook aside.
    You can always return to it if you become bored and need a rainy-day project.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Aaron5
    Guest

    RE: Ghost Macro

    Thanks for your suggestion, Gary''s Student.

    I guess I didn't specify but I have looked in to all sheet codes as well.

    I have actually tried to copy and paste the sheets into a new workbook. I
    have even tried to copy and paste one at a time just to make sure those
    Ghosts didn't follow, but for obvious reason it didn't work.

    This workbook is big and I'm hoping I could get away from copy and paste
    individual cells to a new workbook.

    Please advice.
    Aaron