IF ACTIVECELL contains

  1. #1
    FIRSTROUNDKO via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    IF ACTIVECELL contains

    Hi!

    at the moment I am trying to write a code that looks at a list of cells and

    1) evaluates an activecell in col a as being greater then zero
    and if so
    2) if Cell b on the same row contains the text "apple" i.e English Apple
    then delete apple from cell

    Before

    -1 English apple
    0 Welsh apple
    1 Scottish apple
    2 French apple

    After

    -1 English apple
    0 Welsh
    1 Scottish
    2 French

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    papou
    Guest

    Re: IF ACTIVECELL contains

    Hello
    Please amend accordingly:
    For Each c In Range("A1:A5")
    If c.Value > 0 Then
    If c.Offset(0, 1).Value Like "*apple" Then
    c.Offset(0, 1).Value = Left(c.Offset(0, 1).Value, Len(c.Offset(0,
    1).Value) - 6)
    Next c

    HTH
    Cordially
    Pascal

    news: 5fb3ec530bc84@uwe...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: IF ACTIVECELL contains

    Sub FixData()
    Dim lastrow as long, i as long
    Dim ipos as Long, s as String

    lastrow = cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup).row
    for i = lastrow to 1 step -1
    if isnumeric(cells(i,1)) then
    if cells(i,1) = 0 then
    s = cells(i,2).Value
    ipos = Instr(1,s,"apple",vbTextCompare)
    if ipos <> 0 then
    s = Left(s,ipos-1) & Mid(s,ipos+5,len(s))
    cells(i,2).Value = Application.Trim(s)
    end if
    end if
    end if
    Next i

    Tom Ogilvy

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: IF ACTIVECELL contains

    Assuming that you SELECT a cell on the worksheet first:

    Sub fruitkiller()
    Dim r As Range
    Set r = Selection
    If r.Value > 0 Then
    r.Offset(0, 1).Value = Application.Substitute(r.Offset(0, 1).Value, "apple",
    "")

    This only does the ActiveCell. You can put it in a loop to move down the
    entire column.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: IF ACTIVECELL contains

    While it may not be a problem here,
    It is also worthy to note that substitute is case sensitive as shown from
    the immediate window:

    ? application.substitute("French Apple","apple","")
    French Apple

    Tom Ogilvy