Deleting unique cells in two lists

  1. #1
    LilyLilyRose
    Guest

    Deleting unique cells in two lists

    I have two very large lists in an excel spreadsheet. I'd like a way to delete
    cells in one list that aren't located in the other list. For example I have
    A1:A1000 and B1:B1500. There are 500 extra cells in column B that aren't
    located in column A and I would like to remove those extra 500. Is there a
    formula or a macro that I could use? I have some experience with macros and
    almost no experience at all with visual basic. I'm using Excel 2002.

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Deleting unique cells in two lists

    Hi LilyLilyRose,

    See Chip Pearson at:

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...gingDuplicates

    See particularly the sections entitled 'Extracting Values Common To Two
    Lists' and 'Extracting Values On One List And Not Another' at the foot of
    that page.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman