copy and paste

  1. #1
    enyaw
    Guest

    copy and paste

    I am copying over information from Sheet1 to Sheet2. I do subtotals in
    Sheet1 but do not know how many items i need to calculate so I leave the
    calculation in cell A200. I need to be able to copy over the information
    from Sheet1 without copying over the empty rows. I also need to copy over
    the value from the calculation. I need to copy over more than one subtotal
    so when I am pasting the information into Sheet2 I need the program to search
    for the next free row before pasting. Can anyone help me with this?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: copy and paste

    Sub copyData()
    Dim sh1 as Worksheet, sh2 as Worksheet
    Dim rng2 as Range, j as Long, i as Long
    set sh1 = worksheets("Sheet1")
    set sh2 = worksheets("Sheet2")
    set rng2 = sh2.cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)
    j = 1
    for i = 1 to 200
    if isnumeric(sh1.cells(i,0)) then
    if sh1.cells(i,0) > 0 then
    rng2(j).Value = sh1.cells(i,0).Value
    j = j + 1
    end if
    end if
    Next i
    End sub

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    enyaw
    Guest

    RE: copy and paste

    Tom I am getting an error when I try to run this program.
    It is highlighting this line:

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: copy and paste

    I can't imagine why I put a zero in there, but it should be a 1 in all cases

    Sub copyData()
    Dim sh1 as Worksheet, sh2 as Worksheet
    Dim rng2 as Range, j as Long, i as Long
    set sh1 = worksheets("Sheet1")
    set sh2 = worksheets("Sheet2")
    set rng2 = sh2.cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)
    j = 1
    for i = 1 to 200
    if isnumeric(sh1.cells(i,1)) then
    if sh1.cells(i,1) > 0 then
    rng2(j).Value = sh1.cells(i,1).Value
    j = j + 1
    end if
    end if
    Next i
    End sub

    Tom Ogilvy

  5. #5
    enyaw
    Guest

    RE: copy and paste

    Tom

    How can I get this program to copy over more than just one column?
    I also need to copy over the format of the text.

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: copy and paste

    Sub copyData()
    Dim sh1 as Worksheet, sh2 as Worksheet
    Dim rng2 as Range, j as Long, i as Long
    set sh1 = worksheets("Sheet1")
    set sh2 = worksheets("Sheet2")
    set rng2 = sh2.cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)
    j = 1
    for i = 1 to 200
    if isnumeric(sh1.cells(i,1)) then
    if sh1.cells(i,1) > 0 then
    sh1.cells(i,1).entirerow.copy
    rng2(j).Pastespecial xlValues
    rng2(j).Pastespecial xlFormats
    j = j + 1
    end if
    end if
    Next i
    End sub

    Tom Ogilvy

  7. #7
    enyaw
    Guest

    RE: copy and paste

    Is there a way of changing the formula so it picks up text instead of copying
    just the numbers?

  8. #8
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: copy and paste

    Sub copyData()
    Dim sh1 as Worksheet, sh2 as Worksheet
    Dim rng2 as Range, j as Long, i as Long
    set sh1 = worksheets("Sheet1")
    set sh2 = worksheets("Sheet2")
    set rng2 = sh2.cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)
    j = 1
    for i = 1 to 200
    if application.CountA(rows(i)) <> 0 then

  9. #9
    enyaw
    Guest

    RE: copy and paste

    Tom

    I have vlookups in some of the columns and even if there is nothing in the
    row it is still being copied over. Any way of skipping these rows?

  10. #10
    enyaw
    Guest

    RE: copy and paste

  11. #11
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: copy and paste

    Sorry, I am tired of playing guess what my sheet looks like.

    If you can figure out a specific criteria about what gets copied and what
    doesn't, then I am willing to help, but

    "guess again"
    is getting old.

    Tom Ogilvy