Change event for comboBox

  1. #1

    Change event for comboBox

    Hi,
    I have multiple VB toolbox comboBox's on a Excel spreadsheet, when a selection change occurs it makes a call to a webservice to populate adjacent cells with the returned data.

    At the moment I have simply copied and pasted the code into each change event for each ComboBox, is there a way to have a single module that can detect which box made the change and then make the call?

    A remember from doing some VB years ago that this was possible on forms using the index number I think, but not been able to replicate this on an Excel spreadsheet.

    Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    rmullen
    Guest

    Re: Change event for comboBox

    hm - if i understand your question, i think you're asking about a 'god
    function' you can call to populate the box ..

    what you'll want to do is create a new class module (right click on
    modules, and then pick class module). and then put your code there in a
    function. for each place you want to populate the drop down box - just
    "call myFunction"

    Public Function myFunction
    <put your code here>
    End Function

  3. #3
    Ivan Raiminius
    Guest

    Re: Change event for comboBox

    Hi,

    you need a class module that will catch the events. You have to connect
    (instantiate) each combobox to this class module (preferably store
    these connections in a collection).

    See help for application events - not exactly what you need, but will
    point you in right direction.

    You class module should from the start look like:

    Option Explicit

    Public WithEvents evtCombo As ComboBox

    Let me know if you need more help.

    Regards,
    Ivan

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Change event for comboBox

    You can adapt this approach to do it.

    Tom Ogilvy

  5. #5
    Thanks for your help I will take a look and give it a go, really do appreciate it