email question for ron debruin

  1. #1
    Steph
    Guest

    email question for ron debruin

    Ron,

    I was just on your website and noticed you had a few templates and addins
    for emailing directly from excel. I use your cdo code all the time. Is
    there a way to use your cdo template to simply send a short message? It
    looks like the template forces me to choose sending a sheet or entire
    workbook, but not an option for no sheets. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: email question for ron debruin

    Hi Steph

    If you leave the cell or cells in the sheet column empty it is doing what you want.
    It is no option in the dropdown but if you select the cell and press the delete button the cell is empty

    Good suggestion for the next version of the template

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Steph
    Guest

    Re: email question for ron debruin

    Ron,

    Is there a way to determine the SMTP server if you don't know it? Is there
    a script i can run at the cmd prompt to tell me, or somewhere else I can
    find it? Thanks!

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest