Common Dialog Boxes

  1. #1
    lionel
    Guest

    Common Dialog Boxes

    I need to allow the user of my program to choose a Folder to work in.
    I know how to use the common dialog box procedure using
    "Application.Dialogs(commondialogFindFiles)" to allow the user to find a file.
    How can I show a common dialog box to pick a folder, instead of a file?
    --
    Lionel

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Common Dialog Boxes

    You could use the built-in File dialog picker:

    Sub a()
    Dim x As FileDialog
    Set x = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
    x.Show
    MsgBox x.SelectedItems(1)
    End Sub

    or the Windows API folder browser: