macro will not run from vbscript. help please

  1. #1
    vedran
    Guest

    macro will not run from vbscript. help please

    I have a vbscript below that opens a file, runs a macro and saves the file.
    Everything works fine except the macro part. I usualy get a message that
    macro has not been found. However, the macro exists and runs just fine when I
    go into excel and run it manualy. I have tried changing the path to the file
    in XLSTART folder and it doesn't help. Also I have lowered security to low
    but no difference there. Can anyone offer any suggestions please? Thanks.

    Dim objExcel
    Dim objWorkBook
    Set objExcel = CreateObject("EXCEL.APPLICATION")
    Set objWorkBook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("File 1.xls")
    objExcel.DisplayAlerts=False
    objExcel.Run "PERSONAL.xls!FORMAT"
    objWorkBook.SaveAs "file 2.xls",44
    objExcel.DisplayAlerts=True
    objWorkBook.Close True
    objExcel.Quit
    Set objWorkBook = Nothing
    Set objExcel = Nothing

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: macro will not run from vbscript. help please

    When activated by OLE (CreateObject), Excel does not automatically open
    PERSONAL.XLS.

    Why do you create a new instance of Excel, since you already have one fully
    operational.
    You could simply use the instance your code is running in.

    '----------------
    Sub test()
    Dim objWorkBook As Workbook
    Set objWorkBook = Workbooks.Open("Ranking.xls")
    DisplayAlerts = False
    Run "PERSO.xls!FORMAT"
    objWorkBook.SaveAs "file 2.xls", 44
    DisplayAlerts = True
    objWorkBook.Close True
    End Sub
    '-----------------
    AP

    [email protected]...

  3. #3
    vedran
    Guest

    Re: macro will not run from vbscript. help please

    Thanks for the explanation! However, your script gives me 'Expected End of
    statement' error on line 2.
    I have tried adding Set objWorkBook =
    objExcel.Workbooks.Open("Personal.xls") to my original script in addition to
    opening file 1.xls and it worked. Would this be correct way to do it? Is
    objWorkBook.Close True going to close both worksheets?

    Thanks for your very fast response.