Interrupt code

  1. #1
    srroduin
    Guest

    Interrupt code

    I have a command button that initiates my code. In the middle of the process
    I want to stop the code temporarily so the User can type in values in a
    column and then continue on with the rest of the code.

    Any suggestions???

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Interrupt code

    Look at InputBox in VBA help.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    srroduin
    Guest

    Re: Interrupt code

    I saw this in the help....

    Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
    Set myCell = Application.InputBox( _
    prompt:="Select a cell", Type:=8)

    Is this what you were talking about?

    I originally had the User type the numbers into input boxes which were then
    put into cells (worked perfectly). They don't want this. They want to type
    in the numbers in the cells themselves.

    Is there a way to run part of the macro, pause so they can type in numbers
    then resume the macro?

    I looked at the comments for pausing, but I am not able to type while it is
    pausing. I am new at coding so please explain in detail. I'm slowly catching
    on to all of this.

    I am hesitant to put more command buttons on the worksheet because there are
    3 codes that branch off at this point in the macro and there are 3 seperate
    macros on the worksheet that all branch off like this. Were talking a
    worksheet full of buttons.

    Thanks a bunch Bob for your help.