How do I get data entered in sheet1 to auto populate sheet2?

  1. #1
    MikeM
    Guest

    How do I get data entered in sheet1 to auto populate sheet2?

    I have a main data sheet with hundreds of rows of data entered that I would
    like to separate into several other sheets for the purpose of charting and
    reporting. Each new sheet would contain data related to only one person from
    the main sheet. Each time data for a given person is entered into the main
    sheet, it would automatically populate the next available field in that
    person's individual sheet. Can this be done and if so how?

    Please help!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Ohio, USA
    Yes this can be done.

    The format of the data will determine the complexity of the code to move the data between sheets.

    If the data has some specific/unique identifier separating the data, it should be relatively easy. If not, it can be a veritable nightmare.

    If you could be a little more specific, like showing some sample data, or the data format, it would be a big help and would make answering your query a lot easier.

  3. #3
    MikeM
    Guest

    Re: How do I get data entered in sheet1 to auto populate sheet2?

    Here is what the data will look like:

    Oluoch, Gerald Y Y Y N N 2 2
    Taylor, Jason Y Y Y N N 1 2
    Ft. Bend - Richard N Y Y N N 1 1
    Oluoch, Gerald Y Y Y N N 1 1
    Oluoch, Gerald Y Y Y N N 2 2
    Hope this helps with the answer. It's pretty simple, but I can't figure out
    how to put it into sheet1 and have it populate additional sheets
    automatically.

    Thanks for the response.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Ohio, USA
    Do you want them to move as you enter them, or move them after all are entered?
    Are the names in column 1 always the same, or will they be different? If the names are always the same, you can create the sheets in advance, then sort the data on "Sheet1", then cut/paste them to the sheet.
    If the names change each time, you could sort by column "A" then create a sheet for each name, then copy/paste.

    You could do it with with either by formulae or by VBA. I suspect VBA would be the easiest.