How to turn a cell "OFF" or Null it's Contents?

  1. #1

    How to turn a cell "OFF" or Null it's Contents?

    I am looking for a way to temporarily remove a cell or cells from a summed column without losing the contents of the cell.

    Something similar to, "if A9>0 then C9, E9 , G9 =0" and then be able to restore the original contents of C9, E9 & G9 by returning the value of A9 to 0. The effect being to take out an area of computations to see the change to the bottom line and then restoring those computations.

    Any and all suggestions eagerly received and entertained.

  2. #2
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: How to turn a cell "OFF" or Null it's Contents?

    In C9 enter

    =IF(A9>0,0,value)

    where value is the value you want if A9 is zero. Use as similar formula for
    E9 and G9.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB
    In C9 enter

    =IF(A9>0,0,value)

    where value is the value you want if A9 is zero. Use as similar formula for
    E9 and G9.

    >[/color]

    This isn't quite what I'm looking for. I want to be able to remove ~10 cells in a row and then restore them. Similar to deleting them then using the undo. Except I just want to turn freeze the cells as if they had a value of zero then be able to turn them back on.

  4. #4
    JMB
    Guest

    Re: How to turn a cell "OFF" or Null it's Contents?

    If the cells are part of a summed range and you want them excluded from the
    total, you can use Subtotal instead of Sum, then hide the rows with the cells
    you want excluded. Subtotal excludes hidden rows while Sum does not.