Sending to groups in outlook

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

    Sending to groups in outlook

    I know how to send an email via an excel macro but is there a way for the macro to go out into my outlook and grab a group and send the email?

    I guess what I am asking is does anyone have an example of a simple email send that uses outlooks contact book?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Sending to groups in outlook

    Try this

    More info here
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

    Sub Mail_small_Text_Outlook()
    Dim OutApp As Object
    Dim OutMail As Object
    Dim strbody As String

    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
    strbody = "Hi there" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
    "This is line 1" & vbNewLine & _
    "This is line 2" & vbNewLine & _
    "This is line 3" & vbNewLine & _
    "This is line 4"