Week starts on Saturday - Working days

  1. #1

    Week starts on Saturday - Working days

    Does anyone have a function, or know where I could get one
    for this problem?

    My week starts on Saturday and finish on Wednesday. My week-end is
    Thursday and Friday.

    I want to calculate the working days but NETWORKINGDAYS consider Sunday
    or Monday as first day of the week.

    Thank in advance for your help

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Week starts on Saturday - Working days

    You will need to adjust the NETWORKDAYS formula. It can be done without too
    much problem as long as you are willing to forget the holidays (or subtract
    them later). The rationale: the only weeks that can change the total number
    will be the start and end weeks. For all the "middle" weeks you will work 5
    of the 7 days, so the total will be the same. But you need to adjust the
    number based on what day the time period starts and/or ends on. For example,
    if it starts on Saturday, NETWORKDAYS will subtract the first 2 days from its
    total, but you need to include them. So you need to take account for which
    day the time period starts on and which day it ends on. If I did the logic
    correctly here is the formula (assuming start date in A1 and end date in A2):

    =NETWORKDAYS(A1,A2)+IF(WEEKDAY(A1)=6,-1,0)+IF(WEEKDAY(A1)=7,2,0)+IF(WEEKDAY(A1)=1,1,0)+IF(WEEKDAY(A2)=5,-1,0)+IF(WEEKDAY(A2)=6,-2,0)+IF(WEEKDAY(A2)=7,-1,0)
    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3
    patexcel
    Guest

    Re: Week starts on Saturday - Working days

    thank a lot everybody. I have enough information to play with my
    workdays time sheet.
    Thank a lot again for your help. Much appreciated.
    Patrick

  4. #4
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    It doesn't need to be that complicated. If your start date is in A1 and end date in B1 just use

    =NETWORKDAYS(A1+2,B1+2)

    If you have a range of holidays you wish to exclude use

    =NETWORKDAYS(A1+2,B1+2,holidays+2)

    This one needs to be confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER