Print pages

  1. #1
    Martin
    Guest

    Print pages

    Hi all,

    I have an Excel worksheet that consists of several pages. I need code to
    print each individual page to PDF files. I have code to print to PDF via
    Adobe Distiller but cannot figure out how to extract each individual page. I
    am able to count vertical page breaks using VPageBreaks.Count, but how do I
    extract \ print each page? Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Print pages

    Hi Martin

    Maybe this macro is useful and you can use a part of it
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/hpagebreaks.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    William
    Guest

    Re: Print pages

    Hi Martin

    Sub PDFTest()
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Dim PSFileName As String, PDFFileName As String
    Dim myPDF As PdfDistiller, x As String, i As Integer
    x = Left(ActiveWorkbook.FullName, Len(ActiveWorkbook.FullName) - 4)
    PSFileName = x & ".ps"
    Set myPDF = New PdfDistiller
    For i = 1 To ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.Document(50)")
    PDFFileName = x & " (Sheet" & i & ").pdf"
    ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=i, To:=i, prtofilename:=PSFileName
    myPDF.FileToPDF PSFileName, PDFFileName, ""
    Kill Left(PDFFileName, Len(PDFFileName) - 3) & "log"
    Kill (PSFileName)
    Next i
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

    Regards

    William

    XL2003

    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Martin
    Guest

    Re: Print pages

    Thank you both for your help.

    William - Awsome code! How can I get the value of a cell in each page and
    add to the file name?

    Thanks again.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Print pages

    Hi Martin,

    change
    PSFileName = x & ".ps"

    PSFileName = x & "_" & TRIM(RANGE("A1").value) & ".ps"

    if you are including a date be sure to format with year first, perhaps like:
    PSFileName = x & "_" & TEXT(RANGE("A1").value,"yyyy_mmdd" & ".ps"

    ---
    HTH,

  6. #6
    Martin
    Guest

    Re: Print pages

    David thanks. The cell value will actually change from page to page. The row
    is defined under Page Setup > Print titles as $1:$8 so I need to pull the
    value off of each cell in this row.

    Thanks.