Loop that finds blanks, then subtotals values into different column

  1. #1
    Bevy
    Guest

    Loop that finds blanks, then subtotals values into different column

    Hi there,

    0 rows are my header rows, and 1 rows are individual order items. I
    need a loop that will find the blank cells in column E and then
    subtotal the values into column C of its header row.

    A B C D E
    0 B100010
    1 B100010 101303 1 82.92
    1 B100010 101305 1 117.31
    1 B100010 101307 1 90.02
    0 B310003
    1 B310003 215013 1 12.33
    1 B310003 301503 1 10.75
    0 B20055
    1 B20055 303009 1 17.77
    1 B20055 303011 1 25.67
    1 B20055 303013 1 27.15
    1 B20055 217001 1 31.55

    I know it is basic stuff, but I need some help (I'm an excel VBA
    virgin!!) I am ok with the looping bit but can't think it through. I
    am running out of time and the will to live !! .... Anyone??? Thanks
    in advance

  2. #2
    Ivan Raiminius
    Guest

    Re: Loop that finds blanks, then subtotals values into different column

    Hi,

    subtotal of what?

    empty cells you can find using this:

    dim emptycells as range
    emptycells=intersect(range("e:e"),activesheet.usedrange).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)

    Regards,
    Ivan

  3. #3
    Bevy
    Guest

    Re: Loop that finds blanks, then subtotals values into different column

    subtotal of values in Column E - i.e. the total of each order. Cheers,
    Bevy

  4. #4
    Ivan Raiminius
    Guest

    Re: Loop that finds blanks, then subtotals values into different column

    Hi,

    you can use something like this:

    intersect(range("e:e"),activesheet.usedrange).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).offset(0,1).formular1c1="=SUMIF("
    &
    intersect(range("a:a"),activesheet.usedrange).Address(referencestyle:=xlR1C1)
    & ","
    range("a1").Address(referencestyle:=xlR1C1,relativeto:=range("e1"),rowabsolute:=false,columnabsolute:=false)
    & "," &
    intersect(range("e:e"),activesheet.usedrange).Address(referencestyle:=xlR1C1)

    Regards,
    Ivan

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Loop that finds blanks, then subtotals values into different colum

    Sub PutInTotals()
    Dim rng as Range
    Dim cell as Range
    Dim rng1 as Range

    set rng = Range(Cells(rows.count,"E"),Cells(rows.count,"E").End(xlup))
    for each cell in rng
    if isempty(cell) and not isempty(cell.offset(1,0)) then
    if isempty(cell.offset(2,0)) then
    cell.Formula = "=Sum(" & cell.Offset(1,0).Address(0,0) & ")"
    else
    set rng1 = range(cell.offset(1,0),cell.offset(1,0).End(xldown))
    cell.Formula = "=Sum(" & rng1.Address(0,0) & ")"
    end if
    End if
    Next
    end sub