Make excel stop if the date cell is blank

  1. #1
    Mike J
    Guest

    Make excel stop if the date cell is blank

    I am making an order form template for a customer and I have the template
    protected and am using the validation setting if they try to use anything but
    the current date plus one, i.e. today or tomorrow. But I need Excel to stop
    and make them enter the date if they leave it blank. I have been unable to
    figure out how to make it stop and display an error message for a blank cell.
    I have the "ignore blank" unchecked but it will still allow the user to skip
    the cell and not ener anything. I know in Access you can setup a field rule
    to disallow blank entries. Is there a way to do this in Excel. If I use a
    formula, when they enter data into the cell, it is going to erase the
    formula. I may need a macro or something else. I am willing to experiment and
    try just about anything.

  2. #2
    ADG
    Guest

    RE: Make excel stop if the date cell is blank

    You can use an event on the worksheet such as

    "Put your code here check if it is your date column / cell is so do
    some validation "

    Tony Green