I'm Stumped

  1. #1
    Kent, England

    Question I'm Stumped

    Can anyone tell me how I can use a drop down list of months (april - march) and use that list to show only certain rows on the worksheet - depending on what month is selected?

    It's a tricky one - help very much appreciated.

    ExcelBob

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    elaborate....just a little bit on this one so we know exactly what you want..

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: I'm Stumped

    Bob,
    Something like, assuming the months are in the first column of data:
    Private Sub cboMonths_Click()
    Range("rngData").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=cboMonths.Text
    End Sub

    NickHK

    "ExcelBob" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    DS
    Guest

    RE: I'm Stumped

    Hi Bob,

    not sure if this will help, but if you set a macro in your Worksheet (as
    opposed to a Module) to trigger when the value in your drop-down list cell
    (assuming you're using Data Validation in a cell), and set this to select
    rows based on the value entered, where you define them as Hidden = True, then
    this might do the job for you? If there are more to be hidden than unhidden,
    if you select valid rows as Hidden = True, then the ones you want visible as
    Hidden = False, this will just show the ones you're after.

    Like gti_jobert says, if you can provide a little more info, might be able
    to come up with something a little more appropriate?

    HTH
    DS

  5. #5
    Kent, England
    What I've got is about 20 rows in column A with April, May, June, July etc written in. Then in B3 I have a drop down list of months and when you select April I want it to show only the 20 rows with April in column A etc

    Autofilter does work to an extent, but I don’t want the user to be able to show all rows at once (just the rows that relate to the month they are working on). Plus autofilter displays the months in alphabetical order which doesn’t look good.

    Once a month has been selected data needs to be entered into the workbook to the right hand side and is then copied onto other sheets depending on what month is selected.

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    dunno....like this:

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    this would be better;

  8. #8
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: I'm Stumped

    see reply to your posting in other group

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier