Selecting Column & Row contain text

  1. #1
    Priscilla
    Guest

    Selecting Column & Row contain text

    Hello,

    I am not sure if this is possible.

    I have a excel database that have a lot of information. What I want to do
    is, creat another worksheet within the workbook, and select only the cell
    that have information in the database worksheet.

    ie. (database worksheet)
    column 1 column 2 column 3
    Apple TY
    1,000
    Banana NN
    1,500
    Grape CA
    2,000
    Orange

    If column 2 is not blank, then take the information and put it in another
    worksheet. In the event there is a duplicated field it should group it
    together. Prensently, I created a pivot table to do that, but everytime I
    make changes to the database worksheet, I need to refresh the pivot table and
    copy it over to the worksheet. I know I can do this easily using Access.

    Thanks,
    Priscilla

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Selecting Column & Row contain text

    data>filter>autofilter>

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Priscilla
    Guest

    Re: Selecting Column & Row contain text

    Advance filter, does not allow me to move the filter information into another
    worksheet. The data only reflected in the active worksheet.

    Priscilla

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Selecting Column & Row contain text

    select all>data>filter>AUTOfilter>nonblanks>copy\paste