Displaying the progress of calculating cells

  1. #1
    MegaWatt
    Guest

    Displaying the progress of calculating cells

    I am using macros, with Userforms to run reports that gets it's data from
    SQL. Some of the reports take a little time to generate. Is there some way
    to display the progress of the calulating cells complete in a message box to
    let the user know that the program hasn't locked up?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    This seems to have a pretty detailed explanation:
    http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2006/03...-with-vba.html

    Hope that works for you.
    -Ikaabod

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaWatt

  3. #3
    MegaWatt
    Guest

    Re: Displaying the progress of calculating cells

    Thanks for the help, this is what I am looking for except one thing. In the
    lower left corner of Excel there is the display "Calculating Cells: 59%"
    while my sheets are collecting data from the SQL Server. The "59%" is what I
    would like the progress bar to indicate. I have not been able to locate this
    variable withen the Excel programming.