Looking for a MSDN article.

  1. #1
    Zoo
    Guest

    Looking for a MSDN article.

    Hi all,

    The code written below works well on my computer with Excel 2000 SP1.
    It does not work on the same machine with Excel 2000 SP3 (Excel.exe file
    version:9.0.0.6627)
    It works well on the same machine with Excel 2000 SP3 sercurity
    update(Excel.exe file version:9.0.0.8216).

    And I'm looking for the MSDN article concerning this in order to report the
    phenomenon to my client.
    In http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830349/ , there's no such article.
    Does anyone know about that?

    '-----This code adds a menu on the worksheet menu bar.
    'And when you click [Test]->[DisplayTestMessage] ,
    ''OK' is displayed unless your Excel is Excel 2000 SP3 early version

    Public Const sMenuBarName As String = "Test"

    Sub AddMenu()

    Set cstMenu = Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu
    Bar").Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, temporary:=True)
    cstMenu.Caption = sMenuBarName

    With cstMenu
    Set cstChildMenu = .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
    cstChildMenu.Visible = True
    cstChildMenu.Caption = "DisplayTestMessage"
    cstChildMenu.OnAction = "'Test ""OK""'"
    End With
    End Sub

    Public Sub Test(ByVal sStr as String)
    MsgBox(sStr)
    End Sub

    Sub DeleteMenu()
    Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls(sMenuBarName).Delete
    End Sub

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Looking for a MSDN article.

    I found the article fine, heading

    Description of the Excel 2000 Security Patch: November 11, 2003

    Bob Phillips

    (replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

    news:[email protected]...