Find Minimum values in cyclical graph

  1. #1

    Find Minimum values in cyclical graph

    I hope someone has an idea on how to start this problem.

    I have a lot of cyclical data that diminishes over time. I need to
    extract the minimum values of each cycle. I was thinking something
    along the line of having a start and finish value, and find the minimum
    value between the start and finish rows. This would repeat by setting
    the finish value to the start variable, and obtaining a new finish
    value However, I do not know how to use a variable to select a cell.

    If this sounds strange, I'll write a small example

    A B
    1 5
    2 4
    3 3
    4 4
    5 5
    6 4
    7 3
    8 4
    9 5

    I would initialize start to 1 and finish to 5 (the values in column A).
    The program would then calculate the minimum between the two values in
    clolumn B. Then finish (5) would become start, and 9 would be the new
    finish value.

    Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

    -Taylor

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Find Minimum values in cyclical graph

    Dim i as Long, rng as Range
    for i = 1 to 20 step 5
    set rng = cells(i,1).Resize(5,1)
    msgbox rng.Address & " minimum: " & _
    application.Minimum(rng.offset(0,1))
    Next

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    kounoike
    Guest

    Re: Find Minimum values in cyclical graph

    Is application.Minimum() typo of application.Min() ?

    i'm not sure but i think step 4 instead of step 5, according to Taylor.

    keizi

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Find Minimum values in cyclical graph

    Yes it is a typo.

    You know your data better than I do.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:ueuBv%[email protected]...