retrived last modified date

  1. #1
    vmadan16
    Guest

    retrived last modified date

    Hello All,

    I want to retrive the last modified time and date of another workbook. and

    I have a update button in my workbook(Admin workbook). user will update the
    data in the User Workbook, that data is referred to the Admin Workbook.
    Calculations are done in Admin Workbook the final result will be referred
    back to User Workbook. This should be done if I click that button which is in
    Admin sheet and without any popup messages when the user pens the workbook
    for updating the data in the fields.

    Please help me out with this.

    It will be very greatful.

    thanks in Advance.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: retrived last modified date

    I am some what confused by this. Do you want the date of the workbook when
    you open it stored somewhere? If so, you can use this function

    '-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Function DocProps(prop As String)
    '-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Application.Volatile
    On Error GoTo err_value
    DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
    (prop)
    Exit Function
    err_value:
    DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
    End Function

    and get the value like so

    msgbox DocProps ("last save time")

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    vmadan16
    Guest

    Re: retrived last modified date

    Hi Bob,

    Thanx. Sorry for confusing you.

    I explain it to Clearly.

    I have n number of workbooks(Maximum 5)
    1- Admin
    n - Users

    Questions
    1. Admin should have a list which shows the last modified time and Date of
    each user Workbook.

    2. Users enter there data in their respective workbook. that cells are
    refered to the admin page for calculations, after that calculation Admin
    workbook returns the value to User workbook. above mentioned actions i did
    using links(i.e cell reference). Each time the User or the Admin opens the
    Wrokbook popup message for Updating the link opens.
    My doubt is that popup message should not open instead of that Admin should
    have a command button, if we click that both the user side and the the admin
    side should update, even though the userfile is not opened.

    Thanx in Advance.