Extracting data from Access - error encountered

  1. #1
    Daniel Bonallack
    Guest

    Extracting data from Access - error encountered

    I am extracting data from Access using an ADODB connection, and I've been
    having no problems with it for most times that I run it.

    But for one time period that I'm running, on this line

    Range("A1").Offset(1, 0).CopyFromRecordset Recordset

    I get this error

    "Automation error - unspecified error"

    Yet it still does the copy (I think correctly). So I could just bounce this
    back up from the error handler, but I'm concerned that it happened at all.

    Any advice appreciated, and of course, if I have not provided enough
    information, feel free to berate me and request more...

    Thanks
    Daniel

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Extracting data from Access - error encountered

    There are various error collections you could check from ADODB. Use the
    Object Browser to the objects.
    Also there are Excel's error collections:
    Application.OLEDBErrors
    Application.ODBCErrors

    However, as you get it on .CopyFromRecordset rather than creation of the RS,
    it may have something to do with incompatible values in the RS.

    NickHK

    "Daniel Bonallack" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Daniel Bonallack
    Guest

    Re: Extracting data from Access - error encountered

    Thanks Nick