How to avoid deleting of rows

  1. #1
    2foot
    Guest

    How to avoid deleting of rows

    Hi,
    I have a problem where I would like some help on.

    I would like that the users can't delete or insert rows.
    They should however still be able to Hide or Unhide rows.
    They should also still be able to change the data in the cells of the
    rows.

    Is there anybody with a good solution?

    Thank you

    Wim

  2. #2
    Matt Lunn
    Guest

    RE: How to avoid deleting of rows

    "2foot" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a problem where I would like some help on.
    >
    > I would like that the users can't delete or insert rows.
    > They should however still be able to Hide or Unhide rows.
    > They should also still be able to change the data in the cells of the
    > rows.
    >
    > Is there anybody with a good solution?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Wim

    Hi,

    Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet. Tick every box apart from Delete Rows and
    Insert Rows. You need to enter a password.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Joerg
    Guest

    Re: How to avoid deleting of rows

    "2foot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    > I have a problem where I would like some help on.
    >
    > I would like that the users can't delete or insert rows.
    > They should however still be able to Hide or Unhide rows.
    > They should also still be able to change the data in the cells of the
    > rows.
    >
    > Is there anybody with a good solution?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Wim

    Depends on your Excel version. When you protect a sheet in Excel2003, you
    can specify, that deleting and inserting of rows are forbidden, but that
    other changes are allowed.
    Joerg