automatically place the latest entry from a column into a formula

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    dakotasky
    Guest

    automatically place the latest entry from a column into a formula

    I want to automatically take the last number in a column and use it in a
    formula. The column is a growing list of daily stock prices so the last
    entry changes with each days update.

  2. #2
    William Horton
    Guest

    RE: automatically place the latest entry from a column into a formula

    Try the SpecialCells method using the xlCellTypeLastCell constant.

    YourRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Value

    Hope this helps.

    Bill Horton

  3. #3
    dakotasky
    Guest

    RE: automatically place the latest entry from a column into a form

    Thanks, I tried that but it not going to the last cell of that column. Any
    other suggestions? Also I may be doing it wrong trying to insert it into a
    formula.

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: automatically place the latest entry from a column into a form

    Where you want the last number from column A...

    dim dblLastCell as double

    dblLastCell= cells(rows.count, "A").end(xlUp)
    msgbox dblLastCell
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson