Email question for Ron de Bruin?

  1. #1
    Steph
    Guest

    Email question for Ron de Bruin?

    Ron,

    Sorry, but I have another question regarding your CDO code to send emails.
    At a prior company, I was using your code to send users automated emails. I
    loved it because I didn't get prompted, and the email could come from a
    fictitious user (like [email protected]). Well, with the new company,
    the email server is locked to disallow emails coming directly from the smtp
    server (I think). either way, when I enter the smtp server in the code, I
    get an error. I talked to the IT dept, and they said they cannot unlock
    that because of security reasons that other users may find. So, my question
    is this - I am not so worried about not getting a prompt. Is there any
    other way to be able to send a user an email using a fictitious "From" like
    [email protected]?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Email question for Ron de Bruin?

    Hi Steph

    Can't you use

    Note from my site :

    When you also get the Authentication Required Error you can add this three lines.
    ..Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1
    ..Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = "username"
    ..Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = "password

    --
    Regards Ron De Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Steph
    Guest

    Re: Email question for Ron de Bruin?

    Hi Ron. My apologies. Is that a somewhat recent update to your site? I
    guess I should have checked back before I sent the question! That worked
    perfectly. Thank you. I'm hoping I can make this addition to your addin
    code? I absolutely love your add-in!!

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin