Pick a Random name from a list.

  1. #1
    David M Fritzke
    Guest

    Pick a Random name from a list.

    I am working on a Free Give Away of some products. Our systems give me a
    list of individuals who we have had contact which are then placed in excel.
    We would like to pick a weekly winner and would prefer not to throw darts at
    my screen. Any Ideas?

  2. #2
    Mat P:son
    Guest

    RE: Pick a Random name from a list.

    Maybe you could use a print-out of the list, a pair of scissors and a hat? :-)

    Or maybe take a look at VBA's Rnd() function and Randomize statement? Rnd()
    will give you a random floating point number [0, 1) The VBA help is even
    kind enough to give you a formula to use to generate random numbers in the
    range [lowerbound, upperbound]:

    Int((upperbound - lowerbound + 1) * Rnd + lowerbound)

    Randomize is used to ensure that the sequence is truly random.

    Cheers,
    /MP

  3. #3
    Jeff Standen
    Guest

    Re: Pick a Random name from a list.

    And by 'truly' he means 'good enough for a raffle'

    Jeff

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    David M Fritzke