Transferring Data to Word

  1. #1
    Lon Sarnoff
    Guest

    Transferring Data to Word

    My application creates data in an Excel worksheet. It rounds the data to two
    decimal points. When I try to merge that data into a Word mail merge the two
    decimal points expand to 15.

  2. #2
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    RE: Transferring Data to Word

    You need to add a numeric format to your merge field.

    After you have inserted a numeric field, press Alt+F9 to display something
    like

    {MERGEFIELD YourFieldName \*MERGEFORMAT}

    Make this

    {MERGEFIELD YourFieldName \#.00 \*MERGEFORMAT}

    Press Alt+F9 again to revert to the previoud view.

    Repeat for all numeric fields.

  3. #3
    Lon Sarnoff
    Guest

    RE: Transferring Data to Word

    Thank you. That is a Word feature which was not apparent to me in Word's
    help menu.

  4. #4
    Laureen Cushing
    Guest

    RE: Transferring Data to Word

    Hello -

    I am having the same problem and found your response helpful, however, when
    I add the \#.00 after the field name and merge the document, the number that
    comes through is limited to the numbers right of the decimal, i.e., if I'm
    merging the number 150.89, only .89 comes through. So then I added zeros to
    the left of the decimal, and this worked, except that I have a variety of
    numbers to merge, i.e., numbers in the tens, hundreds and thousands. So if
    my merge fleid looks like this: {MERGEFIELD YourFieldName \#0000.00}, the
    fields come through like this: 0010.99, 0100.99, etc. Also, when I press
    Alt+F9, there is no 'mergeformat' - I'm not sure if this is causing the
    problem.

    HELP!!!