colouring the entire row to a color .

  1. #1

    colouring the entire row to a color .

    Based on conditions i would like to color the entire row permanently.
    For eg:

    If column C is of value "Y" then i need the entire row's fill color to be changed to red.
    The macro i wrote is not working .Pl ease help.

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: colouring the entire row to a color .

    Hi Roshinpp,

    Try something like:

    '================>>
    Public Sub Tester()
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim rcell As Range

    Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range("C1:C100") '<<==== CHANGE
    For Each rcell In rng.Cells
    With rcell
    If UCase(.Value) = "Y" Then
    .EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
    End If
    End With
    Next rcell

    End Sub
    '<<================

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: colouring the entire row to a color .

    perhaps if we could see the macro you wrote?

    but something like

    for each cell in range("C1:C100")
    if cell.value="Y" then cell.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
    next

    would do it for you

  4. #4
    Thanks Norman..it was so cool!!! I was struggling for greater things...Thanks a lot

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]

  5. #5
    ChristianH

    roshinpp_77 wrote:

    > Based on conditions i would like to color the entire row permanently.
    > For eg:
    >
    > If column C is of value "Y" then i need the entire row's fill color to
    > be changed to red.
    > The macro i wrote is not working .Pl ease help.
    >

    > --
    > roshinpp_77
    > roshinpp_77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34924
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=550276

    Hi

    This will do it automatically

    Dim cell
    Set cell = Application.Intersect(Target, Range("C:C"))
    If cell Is Nothing Then
    Exit Sub
    ElseIf cell = "Y" Then
    Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 3

    Cheers Christian

  6. #6

    thanks..but..not working

    Hi Christian...thanks ...but its not working..i think something is missed out..nothing is happening to the changes made..pls advice.

    Regds,Roshin

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianH

  7. #7
    ChristianH

    roshinpp_77 wrote:

    > Hi Christian...thanks ...but its not working..i think something is
    > missed out..nothing is happening to the changes made..pls advice.
    >

    > Regds,Roshin
    >

    > ChristianH Wrote:
    > > roshinpp_77 wrote:
    > >
    > > > Based on conditions i would like to color the entire row

    > > permanently.
    > > > For eg:
    > > >
    > > > If column C is of value "Y" then i need the entire row's fill color

    > > > be changed to red.
    > > > The macro i wrote is not working .Pl ease help.
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > roshinpp_77

    > > > roshinpp_77's Profile:

    > > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34924
    > > > View this thread:

    > > http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=550276
    > >

    > > Hi
    > >
    > > This will do it automatically

    > > Dim cell
    > > Set cell = Application.Intersect(Target, Range("C:C"))
    > > If cell Is Nothing Then
    > > Exit Sub
    > > ElseIf cell = "Y" Then
    > > Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
    > > End If
    > > End Sub
    > >

    > > Cheers Christian

    > --
    > roshinpp_77
    > roshinpp_77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34924
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=550276

    Hi

    Just tried it and it is working for me

    Put it in the worksheet code module and if any cell in column C is
    (capital Y )
    then the row will change to red.

    Christian

  8. #8
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: colouring the entire row to a color .

    If you really need permanent change, you would use a
    change event macro
    and you would have a companion macro to set the colors
    initially. Macros are case sensitive.

    But what you describe sounds like you want Conditional Formatting,
    except that if you remove the C.F. the changes are not permanent,
    they all disappear. (worksheet formulas are not case sensitive)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

    Select cell C1 then use Ctrl+A to select all cells (Excel 2002 and prior versions)
    so that all cells are selected and cell C1 is the active cell.
    Format, Conditional Formatting
    Condition 1: Formula is: =$C1="Y"

    ---
    HTH,