Newbie Questions 02

  1. #1
    Christmas May
    Guest

    Newbie Questions 02

    1) Is there a limit to the number of named ranges a worksheet can have?

    2) I don't really need a macro to perform a copy, however, it is a very
    good example of my actual problem.

    2A) I would like the user to place the cursor where the text is to be
    copied from and click a button to invoke the "copy macro". Once this macro
    is invoked it would read the contents of the activecell and then re-prompt
    the user for a cell of where the text is to be coppied. Once the user
    CLICKED on this cell the macro would copy the value of the first cell into
    the second.

    Thanks in advance,

    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Andrew Taylor
    Guest

    Re: Newbie Questions 02

    Christmas May wrote:
    > 1) Is there a limit to the number of named ranges a worksheet can have?

    Help for "Worksheet and workbook specifications" says that
    Names in a workbook are "Limited by available memory". I've
    used workbooks with hundreds (maybe thousands) of names
    with no problems.

    > 2) I don't really need a macro to perform a copy, however, it is a very
    > good example of my actual problem.
    >
    > 2A) I would like the user to place the cursor where the text is to be
    > copied from and click a button to invoke the "copy macro". Once this macro
    > is invoked it would read the contents of the activecell and then re-prompt
    > the user for a cell of where the text is to be coppied. Once the user
    > CLICKED on this cell the macro would copy the value of the first cell into
    > the second.

    You can use Application.InputBox (see help) with a Type of 8 to get
    the user to specify a target cell.

  3. #3
    Christmas May
    Guest

    Re: Newbie Questions 02

    Andrew,

    This basically solved my problems/questions. One minor thing is that
    currently the input box "type 8" thing allows the user to select a range,
    rather than a specific cell. I have two work arounds for two different
    problems. First, I simply disgard the previously selected range and notify
    the user they must select only a cell. Second, I just find the left upper
    most cell and use it.

    Once again thanks for the information. I'm considering this issue completed.

    Sincerely,

    Christmas May