[SOLVED] Program to resave a collection of .xls files into tab separated .txt files

  1. #1
    JH
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Program to resave a collection of .xls files into tab separated .txt files

    Would it be possible to write a vba or vb program that when executed would
    resave
    a list of .xls files into tab separated .txt files? Right now I do this
    manually. I tried doing
    a record/playback macro but that's not the way to go. Thanks very much for
    any
    assistance!

    Jeff H.
    jhoward1 [at] nc [dot] [rr] dot [com]

  2. #2
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    RE: Program to resave a collection of .xls files into tab separated .t

    You can do this using an ADO (from VBA) recordset object and its GetString()
    method to write to TAB delimited files.

  3. #3
    JH
    Guest

    Re: Program to resave a collection of .xls files into tab separated .t

    I was hoping I could use the built in feature in Excel that allows
    to Save As without reading and writing all of the records myself.

    I saw some threads that indicated a method to do a Save As but I couldn't
    find a define to indicate tab separated values.

    Jeff
    news:[email protected]...