Message Box Help

  1. #1

    Message Box Help

    Im new to excel and have just been finding out the basics of macros. Can anyone tell me how to make a message box appear when a certain cells value reaches 0?

  2. #2
    David
    Guest

    RE: Message Box Help

    Try this it tests A6
    If Range("A6").Value = 0 Then MsgBox ("Value = 0")

    David

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Message Box Help

    Hi Scarecrow,

    Try:

    '=============>>
    Dim rng1 As Range, rng2 As Range

    Set rng1 = Me.Range("A1") '<<==== CHANGE

    On Error Resume Next
    Set rng2 = Intersect(Target, rng1.Precedents)
    On Error GoTo 0

    If Not Intersect(rng1, Target) Is Nothing _
    Or Not rng2 Is Nothing Then
    With rng1
    If Not .Value = "" And .Value = 0 Then
    MsgBox rng1.Address(0, 0) & " value = 0"
    End If
    End With

    '<<=============

    This is worksheet event code and should be pasted into the worksheets's code
    module (not a standard module and not the workbook's ThisWorkbook module):

    Right-click the worksheet's tab
    Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code.
    Alt-F11 to return to Excel.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman