executing database

  1. #1
    cyzax7 via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    executing database

    Hi there,

    I'm creating a macro that read database from range [A7] to [A808] so that it
    will display the data in a selected column at certain condition. However, it
    only can read/execute data until [A607]. can abyone show me how to solve the
    problem.

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: executing database

    Hi Cyzax,

    Try posting your code.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  3. #3
    cyzax7 via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: executing database

    Hi,

    This are the code:

    Sub CompareISOResponse()

    Dim intEle As Integer
    Dim intCellCounter As Integer
    Dim TXISOFLY As Long
    Dim TXISOHUMP As Long
    Dim TXISOSLOPE As Long
    Dim RXISOMOUNT As Long
    Dim RXISOHUMP As Long
    Dim RXISOFLY As Long

    gblnFailI = False
    intCellCounter = 2
    intEle = 0

    TXISOFLY = 0
    TXISOHUMP = 0
    TXISOSLOPE = 0
    RXISOMOUNT = 0
    RXISOHUMP = 0
    RXISOFLY = 0

    gdblTXISOFLYMag = -999
    gdblTXISOHUMPMag = -999
    gdblTXISOSLOPEMag = -999
    gdblRXISOMOUNTMag = -999
    gdblRXISOHUMPMag = -999
    gdblRXISOFLYMag = -999

    gdblTXISOFLYMag1 = -999
    gdblTXISOHUMPMag1 = -999
    gdblTXISOSLOPEMag1 = -999
    gdblRXISOMOUNTMag1 = -999
    gdblRXISOHUMPMag1 = -999
    gdblRXISOFLYMag1 = -999

    gblnTXISOFLY = True
    gblnTXISOHUMP = True
    gblnTXISOSLOPE = True
    gblnRXISOMOUNT = True
    gblnRXISOHUMP = True
    gblnRXISOFLY = True

    For intEle = 0 To gcontNumberOfPoints

    If gdblFreq(intEle) >= [A7].Value And gdblFreq(intEle) <= [A432].
    Value Then 'general frequency range for checking

    'if statements check to see if a null is present. Null indicates
    no check

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 9).Value <> "" Then
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 9).Value Then
    TXISOFLY = 1
    gblnTXISOFLY = False
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblTXISOFLYMag1 Then '
    this logs down failure mag
    gdblTXISOFLYMag1 = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray1(0) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblTXISOFLYMag Then 'this
    logs down pass mag
    gdblTXISOFLYMag = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray(0) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 10).Value <> "" Then
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 10).Value Then
    TXISOHUMP = 1
    gblnTXISOHUMP = False
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblTXISOHUMPMag1 Then
    gdblTXISOHUMPMag1 = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray1(1) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblTXISOHUMPMag Then
    gdblTXISOHUMPMag = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray(1) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 11).Value <> "" Then
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 11).Value Then
    TXISOSLOPE = 1
    gblnTXISOSLOPE = False
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblTXISOSLOPEMag1 Then
    gdblTXISOSLOPEMag1 = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray1(2) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblTXISOSLOPEMag Then
    gdblTXISOSLOPEMag = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray(2) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    ElseIf gdblFreq(intEle) >= [A457].Value And gdblFreq(intEle) <= [A607]
    ..Value Then 'general frequency range for checking

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 20).Value <> "" Then
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 20).Value Then
    RXISOMOUNT = 1
    gblnRXISOMOUNT = False
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblRXISOMOUNTMag1 Then
    gdblRXISOMOUNTMag1 = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray1(3) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblRXISOMOUNTMag Then
    gdblRXISOMOUNTMag = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray(3) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 21).Value <> "" Then
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 21).Value Then
    RXISOHUMP = 1
    gblnRXISOHUMP = False
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblRXISOHUMPMag1 Then
    gdblRXISOHUMPMag1 = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray1(4) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblRXISOHUMPMag Then
    gdblRXISOHUMPMag = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray(4) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 22).Value <> "" Then
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 22).Value Then
    RXISOFLY = 1
    gblnRXISOFLY = False
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblRXISOFLYMag1 Then
    gdblRXISOFLYMag1 = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray1(5) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXRX(intEle) > gdblRXISOFLYMag Then
    gdblRXISOFLYMag = gdblTXRX(intEle)
    gdblIsoFreqArray(5) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    intCellCounter = intCellCounter + 1

    'fail unit counter
    If (TXISOFLY = 1) Or (TXISOHUMP = 1) Or (TXISOSLOPE = 1) Or (RXISOMOUNT =
    1) Or (RXISOHUMP = 1) Or (RXISOFLY = 1) Then
    gblnFailI = True
    End If

    ' counter increments for that lot
    glngTXISOFLY = glngTXISOFLY + TXISOFLY
    glngTXISOHUMP = glngTXISOHUMP + TXISOHUMP
    glngTXISOSLOPE = glngTXISOSLOPE + TXISOSLOPE
    glngRXISOMOUNT = glngRXISOMOUNT + RXISOMOUNT
    glngRXISOHUMP = glngRXISOHUMP + RXISOHUMP
    glngRXISOFLY = glngRXISOFLY + RXISOFLY

    End Sub

    /****************************************************************************/

    Sub CompareDUPResponse()

    Dim intEle As Integer
    Dim intCellCounter As Integer

    Dim TXILCENT As Long
    Dim TXILCORN As Long
    Dim TXREJMOUNT As Long
    Dim TXREJHUMP As Long
    Dim TXREJFLY As Long

    Dim RXILCENT As Long
    Dim RXILCORN As Long
    Dim RXREJSLOPE As Long
    Dim RXREJHUMP As Long
    Dim RXREJFLY As Long

    Dim TXRLFHUMP As Long
    Dim TXRLSHUMP As Long

    Dim RXRLFHUMP As Long
    Dim RXRLSHUMP As Long

    gblnFailN = False
    intCellCounter = 2
    intEle = 0

    TXILCENT = 0
    TXILCORN = 0
    TXREJMOUNT = 0
    TXREJHUMP = 0
    TXREJFLY = 0

    RXILCENT = 0
    RXILCORN = 0
    RXREJSLOPE = 0
    RXREJHUMP = 0
    RXREJFLY = 0

    TXRLFHUMP = 0
    TXRLSHUMP = 0

    RXRLFHUMP = 0
    RXRLSHUMP = 0

    gdblTXILCENTMag = 0
    gdblTXILCORNMag = 0
    gdblTXREJMOUNTMag = -999
    gdblTXREJHUMPMag = -999
    gdblTXREJFLYMag = -999

    gdblRXILCENTMag = 0
    gdblRXILCORNMag = 0
    gdblRXREJSLOPEMag = -999
    gdblRXREJHUMPMag = -999
    gdblRXREJFLYMag = -999

    gdblTXRLFHUMPMag = -999
    gdblTXRLSHUMPMag = -999

    gdblRXRLFHUMPMag = -999
    gdblRXRLSHUMPMag = -999

    gdblTXILCENTMag1 = 0
    gdblTXILCORNMag1 = 0
    gdblTXREJMOUNTMag1 = -999
    gdblTXREJHUMPMag1 = -999
    gdblTXREJFLYMag1 = -999

    gdblRXILCENTMag1 = 0
    gdblRXILCORNMag1 = 0
    gdblRXREJSLOPEMag1 = -999
    gdblRXREJHUMPMag1 = -999
    gdblRXREJFLYMag1 = -999

    gdblTXRLFHUMPMag1 = -999
    gdblTXRLSHUMPMag1 = -999

    gdblRXRLFHUMPMag1 = -999
    gdblRXRLSHUMPMag1 = -999

    gblnTXILCENT = True
    gblnTXILCORN = True
    gblnTXREJMOUNT = True
    gblnTXREJHUMP = True
    gblnTXREJFLY = True

    gblnRXILCENT = True
    gblnRXILCORN = True
    gblnRXREJSLOPE = True
    gblnRXREJHUMP = True
    gblnRXREJFLY = True

    gblnTXRLFHUMP = True
    gblnTXRLSHUMP = True

    gblnRXRLFHUMP = True
    gblnRXRLSHUMP = True

    For intEle = 0 To gcontNumberOfPoints

    If gdblFreq(intEle) >= [A7].Value And gdblFreq(intEle) <= [A432].
    Value Then 'general frequency range for checking

    'if statements check to see if a null is present. Null indicates
    no check

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 2).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    TXIL Center
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) < Cells(intCellCounter, 2).Value Then
    TXILCENT = 1
    gblnTXILCENT = False
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) < gdblTXILCENTMag1 Then
    gdblTXILCENTMag1 = gdblTXIL(intEle)
    gdblTXILFreqArray1(0) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) < gdblTXILCENTMag Then
    gdblTXILCENTMag = gdblTXIL(intEle)
    gdblTXILFreqArray(0) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 3).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    TXIL Corner
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) < Cells(intCellCounter, 3).Value Then
    TXILCORN = 1
    gblnTXILCORN = False
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) < gdblTXILCORNMag1 Then
    gdblTXILCORNMag1 = gdblTXIL(intEle)
    gdblTXILFreqArray1(1) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) < gdblTXILCORNMag Then
    gdblTXILCORNMag = gdblTXIL(intEle)
    gdblTXILFreqArray(1) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 7).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    TXRL 1st Hump
    If gdblTXRL(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 7).Value Then
    TXRLFHUMP = 1
    gblnTXRLFHUMP = False
    If gdblTXRL(intEle) > gdblTXRLFHUMPMag1 Then
    gdblTXRLFHUMPMag1 = gdblTXRL(intEle)
    gdblTXRLFreqArray1(0) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXRL(intEle) > gdblTXRLFHUMPMag Then
    gdblTXRLFHUMPMag = gdblTXRL(intEle)
    gdblTXRLFreqArray(0) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 8).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    TXRL 2nd Hump
    If gdblTXRL(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 8).Value Then
    TXRLSHUMP = 1
    gblnTXRLSHUMP = False
    If gdblTXRL(intEle) > gdblTXRLSHUMPMag1 Then
    gdblTXRLSHUMPMag1 = gdblTXRL(intEle)
    gdblTXRLFreqArray1(1) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXRL(intEle) > gdblTXRLSHUMPMag Then
    gdblTXRLSHUMPMag = gdblTXRL(intEle)
    gdblTXRLFreqArray(1) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 13).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    RXREJFLY
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 13).Value Then
    RXREJFLY = 1
    gblnRXREJFLY = False
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) > gdblRXREJFLYMag1 Then
    gdblRXREJFLYMag1 = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXILFreqArray1(0) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) > gdblRXREJFLYMag Then
    gdblRXREJFLYMag = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXILFreqArray(0) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 14).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    RXREJ HUMP
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 14).Value Then
    RXREJHUMP = 1
    gblnRXREJHUMP = False
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) > gdblRXREJHUMPMag1 Then
    gdblRXREJHUMPMag1 = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXILFreqArray1(1) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) > gdblRXREJHUMPMag Then
    gdblRXREJHUMPMag = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXILFreqArray(1) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 15).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    RXREJ SLOPE
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 15).Value Then
    RXREJSLOPE = 1
    gblnRXREJSLOPE = False
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) > gdblRXREJSLOPEMag1 Then
    gdblRXREJSLOPEMag1 = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXILFreqArray1(2) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) > gdblRXREJSLOPEMag Then
    gdblRXREJSLOPEMag = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXILFreqArray(2) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    ElseIf gdblFreq(intEle) >= [A457].Value And gdblFreq(intEle) <= [A607]
    ..Value Then 'general frequency range for checking

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 4).Value <> "" Then 'cehck for
    TXREJ MOUNT
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 4).Value Then
    TXREJMOUNT = 1
    gblnTXREJMOUNT = False
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) > gdblTXREJMOUNTMag1 Then
    gdblTXREJMOUNTMag1 = gdblTXIL(intEle)
    gdblTXILFreqArray1(2) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) > gdblTXREJMOUNTMag Then
    gdblTXREJMOUNTMag = gdblTXIL(intEle)
    gdblTXILFreqArray(2) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 5).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    TXREJ HUMP
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 5).Value Then
    TXREJHUMP = 1
    gblnTXREJHUMP = False
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) > gdblTXREJHUMPMag1 Then
    gdblTXREJHUMPMag1 = gdblTXIL(intEle)
    gdblTXILFreqArray1(3) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) > gdblTXREJHUMPMag Then
    gdblTXREJHUMPMag = gdblTXIL(intEle)
    gdblTXILFreqArray(3) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 6).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    TXREJFLY
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 6).Value Then
    TXREJFLY = 1
    gblnTXREJFLY = False
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) > gdblTXREJFLYMag1 Then
    gdblTXREJFLYMag1 = gdblTXIL(intEle)
    gdblTXILFreqArray1(4) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblTXIL(intEle) > gdblTXREJFLYMag Then
    gdblTXREJFLYMag = gdblTXIL(intEle)
    gdblTXILFreqArray(4) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 16).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    RXIL CORNER LF
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) < Cells(intCellCounter, 16).Value Then
    RXILCORN = 1
    gblnRXILCORN = False
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) < gdblRXILCORNMag1 Then
    gdblRXILCORNMag1 = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXILFreqArray1(3) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) < gdblRXILCORNMag Then
    gdblRXILCORNMag = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXILFreqArray(3) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 17).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    RXIL CENTER
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) < Cells(intCellCounter, 17).Value Then
    RXILCENT = 1
    gblnRXILCENT = False
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) < gdblRXILCENTMag1 Then
    gdblRXILCENTMag1 = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXILFreqArray1(4) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblRXIL(intEle) < gdblRXILCENTMag Then
    gdblRXILCENTMag = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXILFreqArray(4) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 18).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    RXRL 1st HUMP
    If gdblRXRL(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 18).Value Then
    RXRLFHUMP = 1
    gblnRXRLFHUMP = False
    If gdblRXRL(intEle) > gdblRXRLFHUMPMag1 Then
    gdblRXRLFHUMPMag1 = gdblRXRL(intEle)
    gdblRXRLFreqArray1(0) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblRXRL(intEle) > gdblRXRLFHUMPMag Then
    gdblRXRLFHUMPMag = gdblRXRL(intEle)
    gdblRXRLFreqArray(0) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    If Cells(intCellCounter, 19).Value <> "" Then 'check for
    RXRL 2nd HUMP
    If gdblRXRL(intEle) > Cells(intCellCounter, 19).Value Then
    RXRLSHUMP = 1
    gblnRXRLSHUMP = False
    If gdblRXRL(intEle) > gdblRXRLSHUMPMag1 Then
    gdblRXRLSHUMPMag1 = gdblRXIL(intEle)
    gdblRXRLFreqArray1(1) = gdblFreq(intEle)
    If gdblRXRL(intEle) > gdblRXRLSHUMPMag Then
    gdblRXRLSHUMPMag = gdblRXRL(intEle)
    gdblRXRLFreqArray(1) = gdblFreq(intEle)

    intCellCounter = intCellCounter + 1

    If (TXILCENT = 1) Or (TXILCORN = 1) Or (TXREJMOUNT = 1) Or (TXREJHUMP = 1)
    Or (TXREJFLY = 1) Or (RXILCENT = 1) Or (RXILCORN = 1) Or (RXREJSLOPE = 1) Or
    (RXREJHUMP = 1) Or (RXREJFLY = 1) Or (TXRLFHUMP = 1) Or (TXRLSHUMP = 1) Or
    (RXRLFHUMP = 1) Or (RXRLSHUMP = 1) Then
    gblnFailN = True
    End If

    ' counter increments for that lot
    glngTXILCENT = glngTXILCENT + TXILCENT
    glngTXILCORN = glngTXILCORN + TXILCORN
    glngTXREJMOUNT = glngTXREJMOUNT + TXREJMOUNT
    glngTXREJHUMP = glngTXREJHUMP + TXREJHUMP
    glngTXREJFLY = glngTXREJFLY + TXREJFLY

    glngRXILCENT = glngRXILCENT + RXILCENT
    glngRXILCORN = glngRXILCORN + RXILCORN
    glngRXREJSLOPE = glngRXREJSLOPE + RXREJSLOPE
    glngRXREJHUMP = glngRXREJHUMP + RXREJHUMP
    glngRXREJFLY = glngRXREJFLY + RXREJFLY

    glngTXRLFHUMP = glngTXRLFHUMP + TXRLFHUMP
    glngTXRLSHUMP = glngTXRLSHUMP + TXRLSHUMP

    glngRXRLFHUMP = glngRXRLFHUMP + RXRLFHUMP
    glngRXRLSHUMP = glngRXRLSHUMP + RXRLSHUMP

    End Sub

    /***********************************************************************/

  4. #4
    cyzax7 via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: executing database

    It works till [A607] only

    cyzax7 wrote:
> [...]
    >Or (TXREJFLY = 1) Or (RXILCENT = 1) Or (RXILCORN = 1) Or (RXREJSLOPE = 1) Or
    >(RXREJHUMP = 1) Or (RXREJFLY = 1) Or (TXRLFHUMP = 1) Or (TXRLSHUMP = 1) Or
    >(RXRLFHUMP = 1) Or (RXRLSHUMP = 1) Then
    > gblnFailN = True
    > End If
    >
    >' counter increments for that lot
    > glngTXILCENT = glngTXILCENT + TXILCENT
    > glngTXILCORN = glngTXILCORN + TXILCORN
    > glngTXREJMOUNT = glngTXREJMOUNT + TXREJMOUNT
    > glngTXREJHUMP = glngTXREJHUMP + TXREJHUMP
    > glngTXREJFLY = glngTXREJFLY + TXREJFLY
    >
    > glngRXILCENT = glngRXILCENT + RXILCENT
    > glngRXILCORN = glngRXILCORN + RXILCORN
    > glngRXREJSLOPE = glngRXREJSLOPE + RXREJSLOPE
    > glngRXREJHUMP = glngRXREJHUMP + RXREJHUMP
    > glngRXREJFLY = glngRXREJFLY + RXREJFLY
    >
    > glngTXRLFHUMP = glngTXRLFHUMP + TXRLFHUMP
    > glngTXRLSHUMP = glngTXRLSHUMP + TXRLSHUMP
    >
    > glngRXRLFHUMP = glngRXRLFHUMP + RXRLFHUMP
    > glngRXRLSHUMP = glngRXRLSHUMP + RXRLSHUMP

    >>> problem.

  5. #5
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: executing database

    I don't think many people are going to search through 500 lines of code,
    working on a data in a WB that they have no knowledge of, trying to
    understand what you are doing.
    Narrow down the problem to a few lines.
    Check your data; any strange values, numbers as text, blank lines etc ?

    NickHK

  6. #6
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: executing database

    Hi Cyzax,

    > It works till [A607] only

    In the line::

    ElseIf gdblFreq(intEle) >= [A457].Value _
    And gdblFreq(intEle) <= [A607].Value Then _
    'general frequency range for checking

    try changing [A607} to [A808}

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  7. #7
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: executing database

    Norman,
    You had more patience than I to wade through all that.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    cyzax7 via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: executing database

    Hi,

    First, sorry for the very long code..

    I've tried change the value to [A607], but it returns this value (for ex):

    TXREJMount Freq
    -999 0
    -999 0
    -999 0
    -999 0
    -999 0

    wherre actually, the freq and the TXREJMount should returned some value
    ( such as : TXREJMount = -48.0417 and freq = 1928000000 )

  9. #9
    cyzax7 via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: executing database