comboBox properties

  1. #1

    comboBox properties

    Hi,
    I am looping through comboboxes in the active sheet using the following code:
    For Each myDD In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects
    If TypeOf myDD.Object Is ComboBox Then
    'ctrl is a checkbox, if the checkbox is checked then it will loop to the
    'corresponding comboBox
    If myDD.Index = ctrl.Index - 1 Then
    msgbox myDD.value
    end if
    end if
    next myDD

    so if a check box value is true then I want the value of the combobox that is located next to the checkbox on the sheet to be displayed. The above code does not work as there is no value property for this object.

    is there a better way of going about this? or can it be achieved this way?

    thanks in advance for any assistance

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: comboBox properties

    Maybe something like this
    Dim ctrl as OleObject, ctrl1 as OleObject
    for each ctrl in Activesheet.OleObjects
    if type of ctrl.Object is msforms.Checkbox then
    if ctrl.Object.Value then
    for each ctrl1 in Activesheet.OleObjects
    if type of ctrl1.Object is msforms.Combobox then
    if ctrl1.TopLeftCell.row = ctrl.TopLeftCell.row then
    ' msgbox ctrl1.name & " is next to " & ctrl.name & _
    vbnewLine & " and value of " & ctrl1.name & " is " _
    & vbnewLine & ctrl1.object.Value
    exit sub
    end if
    end if
    next
    end if
    Next

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    That's great thank you, the bit that had me confused was the myDD.value when it should have been myDD.object.value.
    Many thanks