Follow hyperlink but don't update links....is it possible ?

  1. #1
    nx3
    Guest

    Follow hyperlink but don't update links....is it possible ?

    I have a long list of hyperlinks to files with the files have many links to
    other files. I'm trying to open the files but not update the links in the
    files as it slows the process down way to much. I thought the code would be
    as follows but it doesn't work. Any idea ? tia.

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ActiveCell.Hyperlinks(1).Follow
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Follow hyperlink but don't update links....is it possible ?

    Instead of using the hyperlink, make the cell look like a hyperlink. Then
    use the selection change event check which cell was selected and for
    appropriate cell, fire code that does a

    Workbook.Open Filename, updateLinks:=0

    Tom Ogilvy