Move contents of selected cell down one, and to the left one cell?

  1. #1
    Albert Einstein
    Guest

    Move contents of selected cell down one, and to the left one cell?

    I am looking for a way in a macro to do the following:
    1. I select a single cell (this example C3)
    2. The contents of that cell are cut
    3. I then want to move the data down one and to the left ( this
    example B4)
    4. Then paste the contents in memory to the new cell.

    Also, I would like to make this macro available for any spreedsheet.
    What would be the best way to set it up? I am using Excel 2003.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mark

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Move contents of selected cell down one, and to the left one cell?

    try
    ActiveCell.Cut Destination:=ActiveCell.Offset(1, -1)

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Move contents of selected cell down one, and to the left one cell?

    With error trapping:

    With Activecell
    if .column > 1 and .row < rows.count then
    .cut destination:=.offset(1,-1)
    end if
    end with

    AP

    news: [email protected]...

  4. #4
    Albert Einstein
    Guest

    Re: Move contents of selected cell down one, and to the left one cell?

    This solution worked great. I appreciate your input. Have a great day.

  5. #5
    Albert Einstein
    Guest

    Re: Move contents of selected cell down one, and to the left one cell?

    This solution works great. Thanks so much for the help!

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Move contents of selected cell down one, and to the left one cell?

    glad to help